14 December 2012

38 Weeks Today!

Image

Today I'm 38 weeks... as you can tell by the title. It's weird being so close to the end of pregnancy but not knowing exactly WHEN it will end, just that at some point it has too.

I am hoping she is born sometime this week, although it's not the full 40 weeks. I am just terrified of her being born on Christmas or Christmas Eve. My mom had a Christmas birthday and most of her life no one bothered even saying Happy Birthday and she got the same amount of gifts as her brothers and sisters. 

I don't want that for Em. I want her to have her own birthday. It's special, particularly when you're a child, and it wouldn't be fair to her if it was on Christmas. No one remembers or even cares. 

I will, of course, because I know what it was like for my mom but the other day my in-laws were talking about just getting her one gift if she was born one of those days.

So, in short, I'm hoping she comes a little early.

Of course, if she doesn't come the last date she can naturally is the 28th. The 29th I will be induced and that will be that. I wouldn't mind the 27th, 28th, or 29th so if she doesn't come by the 22nd, I'm going to hold her in until at least the 27th! She'll thank me later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;