10 December 2012

The Possibilities


I would consider myself a writer, you know, the unpublished kind with mounds of notebooks with the starts of a million different stories, but, still, a writer so I have to ask myself why I’ve been sitting here for a little over an hour with nothing written on this blog post?

Well, I guess when you see it there will be..

But for me this page has been blank for awhile now. I started it a couple of times and then erased it. I started off with a story about me and my life. Erased it. Then about writing. Erased it. And about a thousand other things. Erased them all.

I’ve written my whole life. I have not only the notebooks mentioned above but also a thousand journals filled with my thoughts. So why is writing a blog post so hard?

I’m going to guess it’s because it’s out there for everyone to see. I think as a writer who lives mostly in my own thoughts, spends time putting those thoughts on paper instead of saying them aloud it’s hard for me to want to put something I wrote on the internet. Like I’m giving a part of myself away.

But I want a blog so I’m trying.

I’m not quite sure what I want this blog to be about yet. There are so many options. I could write about living in a foreign country, or being married, or having a beyond spoiled cat, or becoming a new mom (which I will be in a few weeks!), or write about writing.

I love all the ideas so for now I’m going to leave it open to all of them.

And for now this blog is going to be Simply Me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Feel free to look around and leave lots of comments! I love comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;